10A NCAC 06E .0302 DEFINITIONS
For the purposes of this Subchapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Activities of Daily Living (ADL)" means personal care activities including bathing or showering, dressing, eating, getting in or out of bed or chair, and toileting.
(2) "Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL)" means independent living activities including doing household chores, managing personal money, preparing meals, shopping for groceries and personal items, and using the telephone or transportation.
(3) "Greatest economic need" means the need resulting from an income level at or below the poverty line.
(4) "Greatest social need" means the need caused by physical or mental disabilities; language barriers; or cultural, social or geographical isolation caused by racial or ethnic status that restricts the ability of an individual to perform normal daily tasks or threatens the capacity of the individual to live independently.
(5) "Home" means a housing unit for individuals or families. The home may be owned, rented, or accessed through a lifetime right. It may stand alone and be stick built, manufactured or modular; or may be an apartment or condominium within a larger structure that is secured by lock and key.
(6) "Independent housing" means a home that provides a private living arrangement and is not part of a licensed facility.
(7) "Service provider" is an area agency on aging or any public or private agency or individual from whom an area agency purchases services to conduct housing and home improvement services.
(8) "Waiting for service" means that an individual has requested housing and home improvement service that exists in the county but is not receiving it and is potentially eligible for the service, and could be served if the service were expanded.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑181.1(a)(11); 143B‑181.1(c);
Eff. July 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.