SECTION .0200 ‑ SERVICE PROVISION
10A NCAC 06H .0201 NEEDS ASSESSMENT
(a) Each agency providing Volunteer Program Development must conduct or update, or both, an annual needs assessment to determine the need for volunteers to assist in providing services to older adults within the community.
(b) If the needs assessment indicates the need for volunteers, then the agency shall:
(1) develop and maintain a file of potential volunteer opportunities;
(2) design written job descriptions for each volunteer assignment which include job title; job responsibilities; required training, orientation, or both regarding the assignment; date and time of assignment; location of assignment; extent of commitment; level of on‑the‑job supervision needed; and name of supervisor;
(3) promote volunteer involvement through use of the media and other public relations techniques;
(4) interview volunteers for assessment of skills and assignments;
(5) develop written procedures regarding acceptance, denial, or termination of volunteers;
(6) negotiate time commitments from each volunteer for each assignment;
(7) establish and maintain a system of recording volunteer hours;
(8) provide orientation and training for volunteers prior to or at time of assignment;
(9) provide for supervision of volunteers;
(10) monitor and evaluate volunteer assignment and performance;
(11) provide formal recognition of volunteers; and
(12) develop and maintain personnel files on all volunteers.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑181.1(c);
Eff. February 1, 1994;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.