10A ncac 06K .0206 PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
(a) Funds shall not be used to purchase vehicles to deliver home delivered meals to participants.
(b) Prohibited service activities:
(1) Medical treatment or medication shall not be provided or administered by program staff or volunteers.
(2) Financial transactions except those related to service cost sharing shall not be carried out by program staff or volunteers.
(3) Unapproved meals may not be provided to participants.
(4) Gifts from participants may not be accepted by program staff or volunteers.
(5) Meals shall not be provided to residents of long term care facilities, guests, ineligible handicapped persons under age 60, adult day care or adult day health care participants, and paid staff under age 60 without reimbursement of the full cost of the meal. Participants in adult day care or adult day health care programs are eligible for nutrition services on the days they do not attend day care or day health care programs.
(6) Therapeutic diets may not be served unless a physician's order is on file and the nutrition program has the capability to provide the service.
(7) Except on an emergency basis, nutrition site(s) shall not be closed or combined on a temporary or permanent basis without the prior written approval of the Area Agency on Aging Administrator assuring that options for maintaining services for participants have been considered.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-181.1(c); 42 U.S.C. 3027;
Eff. November 1, 1993;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2003;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.