SUBCHAPTER 06P – ADMINISTRATION OF ADULT DAY CARE SERVICES
SECTION .0100 – SERVICE DESCRIPTION: DEFINITION OF TERMS
10A NCAC 06P .0101 DEFINITION OF TERMS
As used in this Subchapter, the following terms have the meanings specified:
(1) "Adult" means an individual eighteen years of age or older.
(2) "Program activities" means the activities and services provided by the adult day care program, including but not limited to social and educational events, crafts, physical activity, and outings.
(3) "Certification" means the process whereby an adult day care program is approved as meeting adult day care standards.
(4) "Activities of daily living" means self‑care activities necessary to maintain one's home and to care for personal needs.
(5) "Own home" means a residence an individual maintains for himself or is maintained for him by his caretaker, including relatives. Own home does not include any group living arrangement.
(6) "Nursing care" means care in a skilled nursing facility or intermediate care facility.
(7) "Group care" means homes for the aged, family care homes, group homes for developmentally disabled adults, skilled nursing facilities, intermediate care facilities and other group living facilities which provide care, services and supervision.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D‑6; 143B‑153;
Eff. July 1, 1979;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1986; July 1, 1984;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.