10A NCAC 06R .0907 STAFF ORIENTATION AND TRAINING – SPECIAL CARE SERVICES
An adult day care center or home providing special care services shall assure that special care services staff receive at least the following orientation and training:
(1) Prior to assuming responsibility for a special care service, the program director shall document receipt of training specific to the population(s) to be served.
(2) The program director shall have in place a written plan for training staff that identifies content, sources, evaluations and schedules of training. The plan shall be reviewed and updated annually.
(3) The program director shall assure that within a month of employment, each staff person assigned to special care services shall demonstrate knowledge of the needs, interests and levels of abilities of the participants. This shall be documented in the center’s files.
(4) Within six months of employment, each staff person assigned to special care service shall complete three training experiences. The training shall include, but not be limited to, population specific techniques for communication, behaviors and activities of daily living.
(5) Each staff person working directly with participants in special care service shall complete a minimum of two population specific educational or training experiences annually.
(6) All training experiences of each staff person shall be documented in the center's files.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-6; 143B-153; S.L. 1999-334;
Eff. July 17, 2000;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.