10A NCAC 06R .0908 REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIAL CARE SERVICES UNIT
In addition to meeting all other special care services requirements, an adult day care center with a special care services unit shall assure the following:
(1) An area designated as a special care services unit located within a center that also serves other participants, shall have the unit providing special care separated by closed doors and located so that other participants, visitors or staff do not have to pass through the section to reach other areas of the building.
(2) A special care services unit separated by closed doors from the rest of the adult day center shall meet equipment and furnishing requirements as stated in Rule .0403(a)(1),(2),(3) and (b) of this Subchapter.
(3) At least one toilet shall be located in the unit.
(4) An area designated as a special care services unit shall provide space on the unit for each participant as stated in Rule .0401(d)(1) of this Subchapter.
(5) An area designated as a special care services unit within an adult day center shall meet existing adult day care staffing ratio requirements as stated in Rule .0305(c)(2) of this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-6; 143B-153; S.L. 1999-334;
Eff. July 17, 2000;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.