10A NCAC 06W .0105 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Subchapter, the following terms shall have the meanings specified:
(1) "Activities of Daily Living (ADL)" means personal care activities including bathing or showering, dressing, eating, getting in or out of bed or chair, and toileting.
(2) "Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL)" means independent living activities including doing household chores, managing personal money, preparing meals, shopping for groceries and personal items, and using the telephone or transportation.
(3) "Home" means a housing unit for individuals or families. The home may be owned, rented, or accessed through a lifetime right. It may stand alone and be stick built, manufactured or modular, or may be an apartment or condominium within a larger structure that is secured by lock and key.
(4) "Independent housing" means a home which provides a private living arrangement and is not part of a licensed facility.
(5) "Service provider" means a county department of social services or any public or private agency or individual from whom a county department of social services purchases services to provide housing and home improvement services.
(6) "Waiting for service" means that an individual has requested housing and home improvement service that exists in the county but is not receiving it and is potentially eligible for the service, and could be served if the service were expanded.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑153;
Eff. July 1, 2007.