10A NCAC 09 .1005 Off premise Activities in child care centers
(a) Off premise activities refer to any activity that takes place away from a child care center's licensed and approved space. Licensed and approved space includes "primary space" as described in 10A NCAC 09 .1401(a), outdoor space as described in 10A NCAC 09 .1402, single use rooms, or other administrative areas.
(b) When children participate in off premise activities the following shall apply:
(1) Children under the age of three shall not participate in off premise activities that involve children being transported in a motor vehicle.
(2) When children are transported in a motor vehicle for off premise activities, the provisions in Rule .1003(c) through (i) and (k) of this Chapter shall apply.
(3) Before staff members walk children off premises for play or outings, the center shall obtain written permission from the parent of each child to be included in such activities.
(4) Parents may provide a written statement giving standing permission which may be valid for up to 12 months for participation in off premise activities that occur on a regular basis.
(5) The center shall post a schedule of off premise activities in each participating classroom where it can be viewed by parents, and a copy shall be given to parents. The schedule shall be current and shall include the:
(A) location of the activity;
(B) purpose of the activity;
(C) time the activity will take place;
(D) date of the activity; and
(E) name of the person(s) to be contacted in the event of an emergency.
(6) Each time that children are taken off the premises, staff shall take a list of the children participating in the activity with them. Staff members shall use this list to check attendance when leaving the center, periodically when the children are involved in the activity, before leaving the activity to return to the child care center, and upon return to the center. A list of all children participating in the off premise activity shall also be available at the center.
(c) The provisions of Subparagraphs (b)(1) and (5) of this Rule shall be waived to implement any child's Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) or Individualized Education Program (IEP).
History Note: Authority G.S. 110-85; 110‑91(9),(12); 143B‑168.3;
Eff. November 1, 2007;
Readopted Eff. October 1, 2017 (Transferred from 10A NCAC 09 .0512).