10A NCAC 09 .1105 TRAINING APPROVAL
Staff may meet the on-going training requirements by attending child-care workshops, conferences, seminars, or courses, provided each training activity satisfies the following criteria:
(1) Prior approval from the Division shall not be required for training offered by a college or university with nationally recognized regional accreditation, a government agency, or a state, or international professional organization or its affiliates, provided the content complies with G.S. 110-91(11). Government agencies or state or national professional organizations who provide training shall submit an annual training plan for review by the Division. The plan shall not be required for any state, national, or international conferences sponsored by a professional child care organization.
(2) Prior approval from the Division shall be required for any agencies, organizations, or individuals not specified in Item (1) of this Rule who wish to provide training for child care operators and staff. To obtain such approval, the agency, organization, or individual shall:
(a) complete and submit on-going training approval forms provided by the Division 15 business days prior to the training event that includes the name and qualifications of the trainer, name of training, target audience and content of the training;
(b) submit a training roster, to the Division, listing the attendees' name, the county of employment, and day time phone number no later than 15 days after the training event;
(c) provide training evaluations to be completed by attendees; and
(d) keep the training rosters and evaluations on file for two years.
(3) Distance learning shall be permitted from trainers approved by the Division or offered by an accredited post-secondary institution, as listed on the United States Department of Education's Database of Accredited Post-Secondary Institutions and Programs at http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. Distance learning shall not be permitted for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid, and playground safety training.
(4) The Division shall approve training based upon the following factors:
(a) The trainer's education, training, and experience relevant to the training topic;
(b) Content that is in compliance with G.S. 110-91(11); and
(c) Contact hours for the proposed content and scope of the training session.
(5) The Division shall deny approval of training to:
(a) Agencies, organizations, or individuals not meeting the standards listed in this Rule and in G.S. 110-91(11); and
(b) Agencies, organizations, or individuals who intentionally falsify any information submitted to the Division.
(6) Agencies, organizations, or individuals who intentionally falsify any information submitted to the Division pursuant to this Rule shall be permanently ineligible to apply for approval of training.
(7) Denial of approval of training or a determination of falsification is appealable pursuant to G.S. 110-94 and the North Carolina Administrative Procedure Act, G.S. 150B-23.
History Note: Authority G.S. 110-85; 110-91(11); 143B-168.3;
Eff. January 1, 1986;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2007; October 29, 1998; November 1, 1989; July 1, 2988; January 1, 1987;
Readopted October 1, 2017 (Transferred from 10A NCAC 09 .0708).