10A NCAC 13B .4603 SURGICAL AND ANESTHESIA STAFF
(a) The facility shall develop processes which require that each individual provides only those services for which proof of licensure and competency can be demonstrated.
(b) The facility shall require that:
(1) when anesthesia is administered, a qualified physician is immediately available in the facility to provide care in the event of a medical emergency;
(2) a roster of practitioners with a delineation of current surgical and anesthesia privileges is available and maintained for the service;
(3) an on-call schedule of surgeons with privileges to be available at all times for emergency surgery and for post-operative clinical management is maintained;
(4) the operating room is supervised by a qualified registered nurse or doctor of medicine or osteopathy; and
(5) an operating room register which shall include date of the operation, name and patient identification number, names of surgeons and surgical assistants, name of anesthetists, type of anesthesia given, pre- and post-operative diagnosis, type and duration of surgical procedure, and the presence or absence of complications in surgery is maintained.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-79;
Eff. January 1, 1996.