10A NCAC 13B .5206 COMPLIANCE WITH STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS
(a) Facilities providing psychiatric or substance abuse services shall develop procedures to protect the rights of psychiatric and substance abuse patients in accordance with North Carolina statutes addressing the rights of psychiatric and substance abuse patients. Statutes addressing such rights are as follows:
(1) G.S. 122C-51. Declaration of policy on clients' rights;
(2) G.S. 122C-52. Right to confidentiality;
(3) G.S. 122C-53. Exceptions; client;
(4) G.S. 122C-54. Exceptions; abuse reports and court proceedings;
(5) G.S. 122C-55. Exceptions; care and treatment;
(6) G.S. 122C-56. Exceptions; research and planning;
(7) G.S. 122C-57. Right to treatment and consent to treatment;
(8) G.S. 122C-58. Civil rights and civil remedies;
(9) G.S. 122C-59. Use of corporal punishment;
(10) G.S. 122C-60. Use of physical restraints or seclusion;
(11) G.S. 122C-61. Treatment rights in 24-hour facilities;
(12) G.S. 122C-62. Additional rights in 24-hour facilities;
(13) G.S. 122C-65. Offenses relating to clients; and
(14) G.S. 122C-66. Protection from abuse and exploitation; reporting.
(b) Facilities providing psychiatric or substance abuse services shall develop procedures to protect confidentiality of information regarding communicable disease and conditions in compliance with G.S. 130A-143.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-79;
Eff. January 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2017.