10A NCAC 13C .0305 PERSONNEL
(a) Personnel Records
(1) A record of each employee shall be maintained which includes the following:
(A) employee's identification;
(B) resume of education and work experience;
(C) verification of valid license (if required), education, training, and prior employment experience; and
(D) verification of references.
(2) Personnel records shall be confidential.
(3) Notwithstanding the requirement found in Subparagraph (a)(2) of this Rule, representatives of the Department conducting an inspection of the facility shall have the right to inspect personnel records.
(b) Job Descriptions
(1) Every position shall have a written description which adequately describes the duties of the position.
(2) Each job description shall include position title, authority, specific responsibilities and minimum qualifications. Qualifications shall include education, training, experience, special abilities and license or certification required.
(3) Job descriptions shall be reviewed annually, kept current and given to each employee when assigned to the position and whenever the job description is changed.
(c) Orientation shall be provided to familiarize each new employee with the facility, its policies, and job responsibilities.
(d) All persons having direct responsibility for patient care shall be at least 18 years of age. All other employees working in the facility shall be not less than 16 years of age.
(e) The governing authority shall be responsible for insuring health standards for employees which are consistent with recognized professional practices for the prevention and transmission of communicable diseases.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑149;
Eff. October 14, 1978;
Amended Eff. November 1, 1989; December 24, 1979.