10A NCAC 13D .2104 REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE RENEWAL OR CHANGES
(a) The Department shall renew the facility's license at the end of each calendar year, if the following occur:
(1) The licensee maintains and submits to the Department, at least 30 days prior to the licensure expiration date, statistical data for the State's medical facilities plan and review for certificate of need determination. The Department shall provide forms annually to the facility for this purpose.
(2) The facility is in conformance with G.S. 131E‑102(c).
(3) The combination facility shall specify on the annual license renewal application with which rules for the adult care home beds it plans to comply for the upcoming calendar year. The rule selection shall be effective for the duration of the renewed licensed year. The facility may choose one of the following:
(A) nursing home licensure rules under this Subchapter;
(B) adult care home licensure rules under 10A NCAC 13F; or
(C) a combination of nursing home and adult care home licensure rules. The facility shall identify in writing the specific rule governing compliance with the adult care home rules and shall identify in writing the specific requirements governing compliance with the nursing home rules.
(b) The facility shall notify the Nursing Home Licensure and Certification Section of the Division of Health Service Regulation in writing and make changes in the licensure application at least 30 days prior to the occurrence of the following:
(1) a change in the name or names under which the facility is presented to the public;
(2) a change in the legal identity (licensee) which has ownership responsibility and liability (such information shall be submitted by the proposed new owner);
(3) a change in the licensed bed capacity; or
(4) a change in the location of the facility.
The Department shall issue a new license following notification and verification of data submitted.
(c) The facility shall notify the Nursing Home Licensure and Certification Section of the Division of Health Service Regulation within one working day following the occurrence of:
(1) change in administration;
(2) change in the director of nursing;
(3) change in facility mailing address or telephone number;
(4) changes in magnitude or scope of services; or
(5) emergencies or situations requiring relocation of patients to a temporary location away from the facility.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑104;
Eff. January 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. September 1, 2006.