10A NCAC 13D .2210 REPORTING AND INVESTIGATING ABUSE, NEGLECT OR MISAPPROPRIATION
(a) A facility shall take measures to prevent patient abuse, patient neglect, or misappropriation of patient property, including orientation and instruction of facility staff on patients' rights and the screening of and requesting of references for all prospective employees.
(b) A facility shall ensure that the Division of Health Service Regulation is notified within 24 hours of the facility's becoming aware of any allegation against health care personnel of any act listed in G.S. 131E-256(a)(1).
(c) A facility shall investigate allegations of any act listed in G.S. 131E-256(a)(1), shall document all information pertaining to such investigation, and shall take the necessary steps to prevent further incidents while the investigation is in progress.
(d) A facility shall ensure that the report of investigation is printed or typed and sent to the Division of Health Service Regulation within five working days of the allegation. The report shall include:
(1) the date and time of the alleged incident;
(2) the patient's full name and room number;
(3) details of the allegation and any injury;
(4) names of the accused and any witnesses;
(5) names of the facility staff who investigated the allegation;
(6) results of the investigation; and
(7) any corrective action that was taken by the facility.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-104; 131E-131; 131E-255; 131E-256;
Eff. January 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2014; February 1, 2013; August 1, 2008; October 1, 1998;
Readopted Eff. July 1, 2016.