10a NCAC 13D .2504 LABORATORY AND RADIOLOGY SERVICES
The facility shall provide or obtain clinical laboratory and radiology services to ensure that each patient's needs are met. Such services shall include the following:
(1) provision of laboratory and radiology services within the facility or by contractual agreement;
(2) diagnostic testing to be done only in accordance with a medical order;
(3) reports to be dated once filed in the patient's medical record;
(4) notification of the physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant regarding findings; and
(5) assistance in arranging transportation for the patient when testing must be done other than in the facility.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑104;
Eff. January 1, 1996.