SECTION .2800 ‑ ACTIVITIES, RECREATION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
10A NCAC 13D .2801 ACTIVITY SERVICES
(a) The facility shall provide a program of activities that is on‑going and in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, and that promotes the interests, as well as physical, mental and psychosocial well‑being, of each patient.
(b) The administrator shall designate an activities director who shall be responsible for activity and recreational services for all patients and who shall have appropriate management authority. The director shall:
(1) be a recreation therapist or be eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist by a recognized accrediting body; or
(2) have two years of experience in a social or recreation program within the last five years, one of which was full‑time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or
(3) be an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant; or
(4) be certified by the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals; or
(5) have completed an activities training course approved by the State.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑104; 143B‑165(10); 42 C.F.R. 483.15(f);
RRC objection due to lack of statutory authority Eff. July 13, 1995;
Eff. January 1, 1996.