SECTION .2900 ‑ SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
10A NCAC 13D .2901 REPORT OF DEATH
The facility shall have a written plan to be followed in case of patient death. The plan shall provide for the following:
(1) collection of data needed for the death certificate as required by G.S. 130A‑117;
(2) recording time of death;
(3) pronouncement of death in accordance with facility policy;
(4) notification of the attending physician responsible for signing the death certificate;
(5) documented notification of next of kin or legal guardian;
(6) authorization and release of the body to a funeral home.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑104;
Eff. January 1, 1996.