10A NCAC 13F .0303 LOCATION
(a) An adult care home shall be in a location approved by local zoning boards.
(b) The facility shall be located so that hazards to the occupants are minimized.
(c) Plans for the building and site are to be reviewed and approved by the Construction Section of the Division of Health Service Regulation prior to licensure.
(d) An adult care home may be located in an existing building or in a building newly constructed specifically for that purpose.
(e) The site of the proposed facility shall be approved by the Division of Health Service Regulation prior to construction and shall:
(1) be accessible by streets, roads and highways and be maintained for motor vehicles and emergency vehicle access;
(2) be accessible to fire fighting and other emergency services;
(3) have a water supply, sewage disposal system, garbage disposal system and trash disposal system approved by the local health department having jurisdiction;
(4) meet all local ordinances and zoning laws; and
(5) be free from exposure to pollutants known to the applicant or licensee.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-2.16; 143B-165;
Eff. January 1, 1977;
Readopted Eff. October 31, 1977;
Amended Eff. January1, 1991; April 1, 1984;
Temporary Amendment Eff. July 1, 2003;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2004;
Recodified from Rule .0301 Eff. July 1, 2004;
Temporary Amendment Eff. July 1, 2004;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2005.