10A NCAC 13F .0704 Resident Contract, INFORMATION ON HOME and Resident Register
(a) An adult care home administrator or administrator-in-charge shall furnish and review with the resident or responsible person information on the home upon admission and when changes are made to that information. A statement indicating that this information has been received upon admission or amendment as required by this Rule shall be signed and dated by each person to whom it is given and retained in the resident's record in the home. The information shall include the following:
(1) the resident contract to which the following applies:
(A) the contract shall specify rates for resident services and accommodations, including the cost of different levels of service, if applicable, and any other charges or fees;
(B) the contract shall disclose any health needs or conditions that the facility has determined it cannot meet pursuant to G.S. 131D-2(a1)(4);
(C) the contract shall be signed and dated by the administrator or administrator-in-charge and the resident or responsible person, a copy given to the resident or responsible person and a copy kept in the resident's record;
(D) the resident or responsible person shall be notified as soon as any change is known, but not less than 30 days before the change for rate changes initiated by the facility, of any changes in the contract and be provided an amended contract or an amendment to the contract for review and signature;
(E) gratuities in addition to the established rates shall not be accepted; and
(F) the maximum monthly adult care home rate that may be charged to Special Assistance recipients is established by the North Carolina Social Services Commission and the North Carolina General Assembly.
Note: Facilities may accept payments for room and board from a third party, such as family member, charity or faith community, if the payment is made voluntarily to supplement the cost of room and board for the added benefit of a private room or a private or semi-private room in a special care unit.
(2) a written copy of all house rules, including facility policies on smoking, alcohol consumption, visitation, refunds and the requirements for discharge of residents consistent with the rules of this Subchapter, and amendments disclosing any changes in the house rules;
(3) a copy of the Declaration of Residents' Rights as found in G.S. 131D-21;
(4) a copy of the home's grievance procedures which shall indicate how the resident is to present complaints and make suggestions as to the home's policies and services on behalf of himself or others; and
(5) a statement as to whether the home has signed Form DSS-1464, Statement of Assurance of Compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for Other Agencies, Institutions, Organizations or Facilities, and which shall also indicate that, if the home does not choose to comply or is found to be in non-compliance, the residents of the home would not be able to receive State-County Special Assistance for Adults and the home would not receive supportive services from the county department of social services.
(b) The administrator or administrator-in-charge and the resident or the resident's responsible person shall complete and sign the Resident Register within 72 hours of the resident's admission to the facility and revise the information on the form as needed. The Resident Register is available on the internet website, http://facility-services.state.nc.us/gcpage.htm, or at no charge from the Division of Health Service Regulation, Adult Care Licensure Section, 2708 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-2708. The facility may use a resident information form other than the Resident Register as long as it contains at least the same information as the Resident Register.
History Note: Authority 131D-2.16; 143B-165;
Temporary Adoption Eff. July 1, 2004;
Eff. July 1, 2005.