10A NCAC 13G .0207 CHANGE OF LICENSEE
When a licensee wishes to sell or lease the family care home business, the following procedure is required:
(1) The licensee shall notify the county department of social services that a change is desired. When there is a plan for a change of licensee and another person applies to operate the home immediately, the licensee shall notify the county department and the residents or their responsible persons. The county department shall talk with the residents, giving them the opportunity to make other plans if they so desire.
(2) The county department of social services shall submit all forms and reports specified in Rule .0204 (b) of this Subchapter to the Division of Health Service Regulation.
(3) The Division of Health Service Regulation shall review the records of the facility and may visit the home.
(4) The licensee and prospective licensee shall be advised by the Division of Health Service Regulation of any changes which must be made to the building before licensing to a new licensee can be recommended.
(5) Frame or brick veneer buildings over one story in height with resident services and accommodations on the second floor shall not be considered for re-licensure.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-2.4; 131D-2.16; 143B-165;
Eff. January 1, 1977;
Readopted Eff. October 31, 1977;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1990; April 1, 1984;
Temporary Amendment Eff. September 1, 2003;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2004.