10A NCAC 13G .0303 LOCATION
(a) A family care home shall be in a location approved by local zoning boards.
(b) The home shall be located so that hazards to the occupants are minimized.
(c) The site of the home shall:
(1) be accessible by streets, roads and highways and be maintained for motor vehicles and emergency vehicle access;
(2) be accessible to fire fighting and other emergency services;
(3) have a water supply, sewage disposal system, garbage disposal system and trash disposal system approved by the local health department having jurisdiction;
(4) meet all local ordinances; and
(5) be free from exposure to pollutants known to the applicant or licensee.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-2.16; 143B‑165;
Eff. January 1, 1977;
Readopted Eff. October 31, 1977;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2005; July 1, 1990; April 1, 1984;
Recodified from 10A NCAC 13G .0301 Eff. July 1, 2005;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. February 16, 2019.