10A NCAC 13G .1211 WRITTEN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
(a) A family care home shall develop written policies and procedures that comply with applicable rules of this Subchapter, on the following:
(1) ordering, receiving, storage, discontinuation, disposition, administration, including self-administration, and monitoring the resident's reaction to medications, as developed in consultation with a licensed health professional who is authorized to dispense or administer medications;
(2) use of alternatives to physical restraints and the care of residents who are physically restrained, as developed in consultation with a registered nurse;
(3) accident, fire safety and emergency procedures;
(4) infection control;
(6) missing resident;
(7) identification and supervision of wandering residents;
(8) management of physical aggression or assault by a resident;
(9) handling of resident grievances;
(10) visitation in the facility by guests; and
(11) smoking and alcohol use.
(b) In addition to other training and orientation requirements in this Subchapter, all staff shall be trained within 30 days of hire on the policies and procedures listed as Subparagraphs (3), (4), (6), (7), (8), (9), (10) and (11) in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(c) Policies and procedures on which staff have been trained shall be available within the facility to staff for their reference.
History Note: Authority 131D-2.16; 143B-165;
Temporary Adoption Eff. July 1, 2004;
Temporary Adoption Expired March 12, 2005;
Eff. June 1, 2005;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. February 16, 2019.