10A NCAC 13J .1103 PHYSICAL THERAPY SERVICES
(a) If an agency provides physical therapy services, such services shall be provided by or under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist and in accordance with G.S. Chapter 90, Article 18B, Physical Therapy, and the plan of care and shall include:
(1) assessment of the client to determine level of physical function;
(2) establishment and implementation of the physical therapy treatment plan;
(3) observation, recording, and reporting to the physician any reaction to treatment or changes in the client's condition;
(4) instruction of the family in the client's total physical therapy program; and
(5) instructing of family members, in‑home aides and other health team personnel in performing appropriate therapy treatment.
(b) When a licensed physical therapist assistant is providing services in the home, the licensed physical therapist shall be accessible at all times clients are receiving services, and meet the supervisory requirements specified in Rule .1110 of this Section.
(c) The licensed physical therapist shall visit the client to perform all initial assessments, establish the plan of care, and perform all discharge assessments. The physical therapist shall visit to perform plan of care updates and assess the client's functional status, as prescribed in Rule .1202 of this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑140;
Eff. July 1, 1992;
RRC Objection due to lack of statutory authority Eff. November 16, 1995;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996.