10A NCAC 13J .1104 SPEECH THERAPY/PATHOLOGY SERVICES
If an agency provides speech therapy, or services in speech and language pathology or audiology such services shall be provided in accordance with G.S. 90, Article 22, North Carolina Licensure Act for Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists and the client's plan of care and shall include the following at a minimum:
(1) assessment of clients with speech, language, voice, dysphagia, and/or hearing disorders;
(2) establishment and implementation of the speech therapy treatment plan;
(3) recording and reporting to the physician any reaction to treatment or changes in the client's condition;
(4) teaching other health team personnel and family members techniques to help improve and correct the client's speech, language, voice, dysphagia, or hearing potential; and
(5) counseling the client and family about the client's speech, language, voice, dysphagia, and/or hearing disabilities.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑140;
Eff. July 1, 1992;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996.