10A NCAC 13J .1105 OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SERVICES
(a) If an agency provides occupational therapy, such services shall be provided by or under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist in accordance with G.S. Chapter 90, Article 18D, Occupational Therapy and the client's plan of care and shall include:
(1) assessment of the client's functional ability to perform activities of daily living;
(2) establishment and implementation of the occupational therapy treatment plan;
(3) observation, recording, and reporting to the physician any reaction to treatment and any changes in the client's condition;
(4) instruction of family members, in‑home aides and other health team personnel in appropriate therapy methods; and
(5) design, development and fitting orthotic devices and self‑help devices.
(b) When a certified occupational therapist assistant is providing services in the home, the licensed occupational therapist shall be accessible at all times clients are receiving services, and meet the supervisory requirements specified in Rule .1110 of this Section.
(c) The licensed occupational therapist shall visit the client to perform all initial assessments, establish the plan of care, and perform all discharge assessments. The occupational therapist shall visit to perform plan of care updates as described in Rule .1202 of this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑140;
Eff. July 1, 1992;
RRC Objection due to lack of statutory authority Eff. November 16, 1995;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996.