10A NCAC 13J .1106 MEDICAL SOCIAL WORK SERVICES
If an agency provides medical social work services, such services shall be provided by or under the supervision of a medical social worker and in accordance with the client's plan of care and shall include the following:
(1) assisting the physician and other members of the health team in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the client's health problems;
(2) assessing social and emotional factors in order to estimate the client's capacity and potential to cope with problems of daily living;
(3) helping the client and family to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations and provision of services planned to restore the client to optimum social and health adjustment within their capacity;
(4) assisting the client and family with personal and environmental difficulties which predispose toward illness or interfere with the client obtaining maximum benefits from medical care; and
(5) assisting the client and family in the utilization of appropriate community resources.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑140;
Eff. July 1, 1992;
RRC Objection due to lack of statutory authority Eff. November 16, 1995;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996.