10A NCAC 13J .1112 HOME MEDICAL EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
If an agency provides medical supplies and equipment in conjunction with home care services as defined in G.S. 131E-136(3), the agency shall have policies and procedures governing their management. These policies shall address the following:
(1) set-up, delivery, electrical safety, and environmental requirements for equipment.
(2) proper cleaning and storage, preventive maintenance, and repair according to manufacturer's guidelines.
(3) transportation, tracking, and recall of equipment to meet all applicable regulatory requirements.
(4) emergency preparedness and backup of systems for equipment or power failure.
(5) client instruction materials for each item of home medical equipment or supplies provided.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-140;
Eff. February 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 25, 2016.