10A NCAC 13K .1107 HOUSEKEEPING AND LINENS
(a) Requirements for linens and personal care articles shall include:
(1) The use of common towels, washcloths, cups or any other personal care articles is prohibited.
(2) Each resident shall have a supply of towels, washcloths and soap.
(3) There shall be a supply of clean bed linens, towels, and washcloths.
(4) There shall be a separate closed area for storage of clean linen.
(5) Clean bed linens shall be changed as often as necessary, but no less than twice each week.
(6) Mattress pads and pillows shall be of washable material.
(7) There shall be separate storage for soiled linen and clothing. Such storage may consist of individual plastic bags or covered hampers or a soiled linen room. All personnel shall wash their hands thoroughly after handling soiled linen.
(8) Laundry equipment shall be maintained in the facility or arrangements made with a commercial laundry to handle soiled linen.
(b) Housekeeping requirements are as follows:
(1) Housekeeping practices and procedures shall be employed to keep the home free from offensive odors, and accumulations of dirt, rubbish and dust.
(2) Cleaning shall be performed in a manner to minimize the spread of pathogenic organisms. Floors shall be cleaned regularly. Polishes on floors shall provide a non‑skid finish; throw or scatter rugs shall not be used except for non‑skid entrance mats.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑202;
Eff. June 1, 1991.