SECTION .0600 - EMS EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
10A NCAC 13P .0601 CONTINUING EDUCATION EMS EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION REQUIREMENTS
(a) Continuing Education EMS Educational Institutions shall be credentialed by the OEMS to provide EMS continuing education programs. An application for credentialing as an approved EMS continuing education institution shall be submitted to the OEMS for review.
(b) Continuing Education EMS Educational Institutions shall have:
(1) at least a Level I EMS Instructor as program coordinator and shall hold a Level I EMS Instructor credential at a level equal to or greater than the highest level of continuing education program offered in the EMS System or Specialty Care Transport Program;
(2) a continuing education program shall be consistent with the services offered by the EMS System or Specialty Care Transport Program;
(A) In an EMS System, the continuing education programs shall be reviewed and approved by the system continuing education coordinator and Medical Director; and
(B) In a Specialty Care Transport Program, the continuing education program shall be reviewed and approved by Specialty Care Transport Program Continuing Education Coordinator and the Medical Director;
(3) written educational policies and procedures to include each of the following;
(A) the delivery of educational programs in a manner where the content and material is delivered to the intended audience, with a limited potential for exploitation of such content and material;
(B) the record-keeping system of student attendance and performance;
(C) the selection and monitoring of EMS instructors; and
(D) student evaluations of faculty and the program's courses or components, and the frequency of the evaluations;
(4) access to instructional supplies and equipment necessary for students to complete educational programs as defined in Rule .0501(b) of this Subchapter;
(5) meet at a minimum, the educational program requirements as defined in Rule .0501(e) of this Subchapter;
(6) Upon request, the approved EMS continuing education institution shall provide records to the OEMS in order to verify compliance and student eligibility for credentialing; and
(7) unless accredited in accordance with Rule .0605 of this Section, approved education institution credentials are valid for a period not to exceed four years.
(c) Assisting physicians delegated by the EMS System Medical Director as authorized by Rule .0403(b) of this Subchapter or SCTP Medical Director as authorized by Rule .0404(b) of this Subchapter for provision of medical oversight of continuing education programs must meet the Education Medical Advisor criteria as defined in the "North Carolina College of Emergency Physicians: Standards for Medical Oversight."
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-508(d)(4); 143-508(d)(13);
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 2002;
Eff. January 1, 2004;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2009;
Readopted Eff. January 1, 2017.