10A NCAC 13P .1102 REGIONAL TRAUMA SYSTEM PLAN
(a) A Level I or II Trauma Center shall facilitate development of and provide RAC staff support that includes the following:
(1) The trauma medical director(s) from the lead RAC agency;
(2) Trauma nurse coordinator(s) or program manager(s) from the lead RAC agency; and
(3) An individual to coordinate RAC activities.
(b) The RAC membership shall include the following:
(1) The trauma medical director(s) and the trauma nurse coordinator(s) or program manager(s) from the lead RAC agency;
(2) If on staff, an outreach coordinator(s), injury prevention coordinator(s) or designee(s), as well as a RAC registrar or designee(s) from the lead RAC agency;
(3) A senior level hospital administrator;
(4) An emergency physician;
(5) A representative from each EMS system participating in the RAC;
(6) A representative from each hospital participating in the RAC;
(7) Community representatives; and
(8) An EMS System physician involved in medical oversight.
(c) The RAC shall develop and submit a plan within one year of notification of the RAC membership, or for existing RACs within six months of the implementation date of this rule, to the OEMS containing:
(1) Organizational structure to include the roles of the members of the system;
(2) Goals and objectives to include the orientation of the providers to the regional system;
(3) RAC membership list, rules of order, terms of office, meeting schedule (held at a minimum of two times per year);
(4) Copies of documents and information required by the OEMS as defined in Rule .1103 of this Section;
(5) System evaluation tools to be utilized;
(6) Written documentation of regional support for the plan; and
(7) Performance improvement activities to include utilization of patient care data.
(d) The RAC shall submit to the OEMS an annual progress report no later than July 1 of each year that assesses compliance with the regional trauma system plan and specifies any updates to the plan.
(e) Upon OEMS' receipt of a letter of intent for initial Level I or II Trauma Center designation pursuant to Rule .0904(b) of this Subchapter, the applicant's RAC shall be provided the applicant's data from OEMS to review and comment.
(f) The RAC has 30 days to comment on the request for initial designation.
(g) The OEMS shall notify the RAC of the OEMS approval to submit an RFP so that necessary changes in protocols can be considered.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-162;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 2002;
Eff. April 1, 2003;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2009;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. February 2, 2016.