10A NCAC 13P .1402 provisions for participation in the chemical addiction or abuse treatment program
The OEMS shall use the screening criteria set forth in this Section to determine whether an individual may enter the treatment program established by Rule .1401 of this Section. The individual may enter the program if the individual:
(1) acknowledges, in writing, the actions that violated the performance requirements found in this Subchapter;
(2) has not been charged or convicted at any time in his or her past, of diverting chemicals for the purpose of distribution, dealing, or selling illicit drugs;
(3) is not under current criminal investigation or subject to pending criminal charges by law enforcement;
(4) ceases in the direct delivery of any patient care and surrenders all EMS credentials until either the individual is eligible for issuance of an encumbered EMS credential pursuant to Rule .1403 of this Section, or has completed the treatment program established in Rule .1401 of this Section; and
(5) agrees to accept responsibility for all costs including assessment, treatment, monitoring, and body fluid screening.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-159(f); 143-508(b); 143-508(d)(10);
Eff. October 1, 2010;
Readopted Eff. January 1, 2017.