10A NCAC 14C .3804 SUPPORT SERVICES
(a) An applicant proposing to develop new acute care beds shall document that each of the following items shall be available to the facility 24 hours per day, 7 days per week:
(1) laboratory services including microspecimen chemistry techniques and blood gas determinations;
(2) radiology services;
(3) blood bank services;
(4) pharmacy services;
(5) oxygen and air and suction capability;
(6) electronic physiological monitoring capability;
(7) mechanical ventilatory assistance equipment including airways, manual breathing bag and ventilator/respirator;
(8) endotracheal intubation capability;
(9) cardiac arrest management plan;
(10) patient weighing device for a patient confined to their bed; and
(11) isolation capability;
(b) If any item in Paragraph (a) of this Rule will not be available in the facility 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, the applicant shall document the basis for determining the item is not needed in the facility.
(c) If any item in Paragraph (a) of this Rule will be contracted, the applicant shall provide correspondence from the proposed provider of its intent to contract with the applicant.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E‑177(1); 131E-183;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 2004;
Eff. August 1, 2004.