10A NCAC 14F .1805 VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION COUNSELING AND SERVICES
(a) The cardiac rehabilitation program shall have a written agreement, with the local DVRS office or other vocational rehabilitation counselor/services, which specifies the following:
(1) The program shall administer a Vocational Questionnaire to patients.
(2) After administering the Vocational Questionnaire, the program shall refer to the DVRS or other vocational rehabilitation counselor/services patients who may be eligible for and desire services.
(3) The DVRS or other vocational rehabilitation counselor shall provide feedback to the cardiac rehabilitation program regarding the eligibility for DVRS or other vocational services of referred patients.
(4) The DVRS or other vocational rehabilitation counselor shall provide progress reports for patients who are receiving DVRS or other vocational rehabilitation services.
(5) The DVRS or other vocational rehabilitation counselor shall attend monthly staff meetings in which eligible vocational rehabilitation clients are discussed. If the counselor cannot attend, the reason for the absence and the means of communicating information prior to and after the meeting shall be documented and attached to the staffing report.
(b) The cardiac rehabilitation program must have written documentation that feedback as described in Subparagraph (a)(3) of this Rule and progress reports as described in Subparagraph (a)(4) of this Rule have been communicated to the cardiac rehabilitation program by the DVRS or other counselor and, if not, the reason(s) why.
(c) If the program is not able to complete a written agreement with the local office of DVRS or other vocational rehabilitation counselor as outlined in Paragraph (a) of this Rule, the program shall have documentation that specifies why such an agreement was not completed.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131E-169;
Eff. July 1, 2000;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.