SECTION .0500 ‑ SECURITY
10A NCAC 14J .0501 GENERAL SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
Each jail shall meet the following security requirements:
(1) provide for the secure confinement of inmates from the time of their passage through the security perimeter until release;
(2) provide for the locked storage of firearms before persons enter the security perimeter;
(3) prevent the passage of contraband;
(4) prevent unauthorized contact between inmates and persons from outside the jail;
(5) provide a ground‑level perimeter exterior that is well lighted; and
(6) provide a communications link with outside agencies for use in emergencies.
History Note: Authority G.S. 153A‑221;
Eff. June 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1991.