10A NCAC 14J .1209 MEDICAL AREA
(a) Each jail shall have a medical area that provides the following:
(1) a door that may be locked;
(2) locked storage for equipment, supplies, medications and medical records;
(3) an examination table and a handicapped‑accessible sink, toilet and shower;
(4) a work station for the doctor and nurse;
(5) a telephone; and
(6) direct voice contact with officers.
(b) If a county or a region has more than one jail, it shall be required to provide only one medical area if that area meets the medical needs of the inmates in all of the jails.
History Note: Authority G.S. 153A‑221;
Eff. June 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 5, 2016.