10A NCAC 14J .1226 STANDARDS FOR DORMITORIES
Each dormitory shall house no more than 40 inmates and shall have:
(1) a minimum floor space of 70 square feet per inmate including both the sleeping and dayroom area;
(2) one shower per eight inmates, one toilet per eight inmates, one sink with a security mirror per eight inmates, and one water fountain;
(3) a telephone jack or other telephone arrangement provided within the dormitory;
(4) space designed to allow a variety of activities;
(5) sufficient seating and tables for all inmates; and
(6) a way for officers to observe the entire area from the entrance.
History Note: Authority G.S. 153A‑221;
Eff. June 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1991.