10A NCAC 14J .1733 CENTRAL CONTROL STATION
In municipal lockups that have a central control station, the station shall:
(1) be strategically located and equipped to regulate and monitor the movement of inmates and officers;
(2) have a security vestibule at its entrance;
(3) have direct two‑way voice communication with all confinement units;
(4) have direct two‑way voice communication with all officers as needed to maintain safety and security;
(5) be equipped with a release mechanism to open all confinement unit doors in an emergency;
(6) have a toilet and sink.
History Note: Authority G.S. 153A‑221;
Eff. June 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 5, 2016.