SECTION .0300 ‑ LICENSING OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL
Codifier's Note: 10 NCAC 03G .2400 was transferred to 15A NCAC 11 .0300 effective January 4, 1990. Recodification pursuant to G.S. 143B-279.3.
10A NCAC 15 .0301 PURPOSE AND SCOPE
(a) This Section provides for the licensing of radioactive material. No person shall receive, possess, use, transfer, own, transport, manufacture and produce, or acquire radioactive material except as authorized in a specific or general license issued pursuant to, or as otherwise provided in, this Section.
(b) In addition to the requirements of this Section:
(1) All licensees are subject to the requirements of Sections .1000, .1100 and .1600 of this Chapter, except as otherwise provided in the rules of this Section;
(2) Licensees engaged in industrial radiographic operations are subject to the requirements of Section .0500 of this Chapter;
(3) Licensees using sealed sources in the healing arts are subject to the requirements of Section .0700 of this Chapter;
(4) Licensees engaged in the operation of radioactive waste disposal facilities are subject to the requirements of Section .1200 of this Chapter; and
(5) Licensees engaged in well-logging operations are subject to the requirements of Section .1300 of this Chapter.
(c) The rules in this Section do not apply to persons licensed pursuant to the rules in Section .1200 of this Chapter except as specifically provided otherwise in Section .1200.
History Note: Authority G.S. 104E-7; 104E-9(8); 104E-10(b);
Eff. February 1, 1980;
Amended Eff. October 1, 2013; August 1, 1998; January 1, 1994; May 1, 1992; June 1, 1989; July 1, 1982;
Transferred and Recodified from 15A NCAC 11 .0301 Eff. February 1, 2015.