10A NCAC 15 .0903 REQUIREMENTS FOR ISSUANCE OF A LICENSE FOR ACCELERATORS
Application for use of a particle accelerator will be approved only if the agency determines that:
(1) The applicant and his operators are qualified by reason of training and experience to use the accelerator in such a manner as to minimize danger to public health and safety or property;
(2) The applicant's proposed equipment, facilities, operating and emergency procedures are adequate to protect health and minimize danger to public health and safety or property;
(3) The applicant has appointed a radiation safety officer;
(4) The applicant has established a radiation safety committee to approve that the operation of the particle accelerator is in accordance with applicable radiation protection Sections of this Chapter; and
(5) The applicant for the use of a particle accelerator in the healing arts shall be a physician licensed to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina. The individuals designated on the application as users shall have substantial training and experience in deep therapy techniques or in the use of particle accelerators to treat humans.
History Note: Authority G.S. 104E‑7;
Eff. February 1, 1980;
Transferred and Recodified from 15A NCAC 11 .0903 Eff. February 1, 2015.