10A NCAC 15 .1504 APPLICATION FOR SITE ACCESS LICENSE: GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
(a) Each applicant for a site access license shall file a completed agency application form. The completed application shall include the following information:
(1) name, address, telephone number, and description of the business of the applicant;
(2) a list of radioactive material licenses issued to the applicant along with the name of the regulatory agency that issued each license;
(3) name, address and telephone number of the facility for which a site access license is requested;
(4) name and telephone number of the person who is responsible for the applicant's waste management plan;
(5) organization chart which depicts the relationship among senior level management, managers of waste generating and waste management activities, and the person identified in Subparagraph (a)(4) of this Rule;
(6) general transportation routing information, within the State of North Carolina, of waste shipments, including but not limited to waste transported for processing and waste transported for disposal at the North Carolina disposal facility;
(7) certifications and additional information required by other applicable rules in this Section; and
(8) other relevant information necessary for the agency to determine compliance with these Rules.
(b) The agency may at any time after the filing of the application, and before the expiration of a site access license, require further statements and information to enable the agency to determine whether to grant, deny, modify, suspend or revoke a site access license.
(c) Each application for a site access license shall be signed by the manager of the facility for which the site access license is requested or by his designee, provided that such designation shall be confirmed to the agency, in writing, by the manager.
(d) Except as provided in Paragraph (e) of this Rule, applications and documents submitted to the agency are public documents and shall be made available for public inspection.
(e) Notwithstanding Paragraph (d) of this Rule, the applicant may request that specific parts of the application and supporting documents which consist of proprietary information be withheld from public inspection. Such request shall include a detailed justification for each part which is proposed to be withheld. The agency may approve such requests in whole or in part, if the agency determines that public disclosure is not required in the public interest and would adversely affect the interest of the applicant. All agency approvals shall be made in writing and shall be available for public inspection.
(f) The applicant shall submit the application for a site access license required by this Section to the agency at the address in Rule .0111 of this Chapter.
(g) If the facility is not located in North Carolina, the applicant shall also submit a copy of the application to the state radiation protection regulatory agency in, or if none, to such other state agency designated by the state in which the facility is located.
(h) If the facility is licensed by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the applicant shall also submit a copy of the application to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
History Note: Authority G.S. 104E‑10.3; 104E‑27; 104E‑29; 132‑1.2;
Eff. January 1, 1995;
Transferred and Recodified from 15A NCAC 11 .1504 Eff. February 1, 2015.