10A NCAC 15 .1628 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR WASTE DISPOSAL
(a) A licensee shall dispose of licensed radioactive material only:
(1) by transfer to an authorized recipient as provided in Section .0300 of this Chapter;
(2) by decay in storage;
(3) by release in effluents within the limits in Rule .1611 of this Section; or
(4) as authorized by Rules .1629, .1630, .1631, or .1632 of this Section; or
(5) a land disposal facility licensed under Section .1200 of this Chapter or equivalent regulations of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission or an agreement state.
(b) Except as provided in Section .1200 of this Chapter, no licensee shall receive radioactive waste from other persons for:
(1) treatment prior to disposal;
(2) treatment or disposal by incineration;
(3) decay in storage; or
History Note: Authority G.S. 104E-7(a)(2);
Eff. January 1, 1994;
Transferred and Recodified from 15A NCAC 11 .1628 Eff. February 1, 2015.