10A NCAC 21B .0204 EFFECTIVE DATE OF ASSISTANCE
(a) The first month of Medicaid coverage shall be:
(1) The month of application, or for SSI recipients, the month of application for SSI; or
(2) As much as three months prior to the month of application when the client received medical services covered by the program and was eligible during the month or months of medical need; or
(3) If the client applies prior to meeting a non‑financial requirement, no earlier than the calendar month in which all non‑financial requirements are met.
(b) Assistance shall be authorized beginning on the first day of the month except when:
(1) The client's income exceeds the income level and he must spenddown the excess income for medical care. The assistance shall be authorized on the day his incurred medical care costs equal the amount of the excess income.
(2) For groups identified in Rule .0311, Sub-item (3)(a) of this Subchapter, the client shall be authorized on the day the reserves are reduced, or incurred medical care costs equal the amount of the excess income, whichever occurs later.
(c) Medicaid coverage shall end on the last day of the last month of eligibility except for those individuals eligible for emergency conditions only as described in 10A NCAC 23E .0102. The last month of eligibility shall be:
(1) The month in which timely notice of termination expires; or
(2) The month in which adequate notice of termination expires.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A‑54; 42 C.F.R. 435.914; 42 C.F.R. 435.919; Alexander v. Bruton Consent Order dismissed Effective February 1, 2002;
Eff. September 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1995; October 1, 1991; August 1, 1990;
Temporary Amendment Eff. March 1, 2003;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2004.