SECTION .0200 - HEARINGS: TRANSFER AND DISCHARGES
10A NCAC 22H .0201 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall apply throughout this Subchapter:
(1) "Division" means the North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance of the Department of Health and Human Services.
(2) "Hearing Officer" means the person designated to preside over hearings between a resident and a nursing facility provider regarding transfers and discharges.
(3) "Hearing Unit" means the Chief Hearing Officer and his staff in the Division of Medical Assistance, Department of Health and Human Services.
(4) "Notice of Transfer and Discharge form" means the form developed by the Division.
(5) "Request for Hearing" means a clear expression, in writing by the resident or family member or legal representative of the resident, that the resident wants to appeal the facility's decision to transfer or discharge.
(6) The "Request for Hearing form" means the form developed by the Division.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A-25(b); 42 USCS 1396r(e)(3), (f)(3); 42 C.F.R. 483.5; 42 C.F.R. 483.12; 42 C.F.R. 483.202; 42 C.F.R. 483.206;
Eff. April 1, 1994;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. August 22, 2015.