10A NCAC 23E .0208 INCOME
(a) Income that is actually available and that which the client or someone acting in his behalf can legally make available for support and maintenance shall be counted as income.
(b) Only income actually available or predicted to be available to the budget unit for the certification period for which eligibility is being determined shall be counted as income.
(c) For aged, blind, and disabled cases allowable disregards from income are based on Title XVI of the Social Security Act.
(d) Deductions subtracted after disregards are:
(1) Child or incapacitated adult care not to exceed one hundred and seventy-five dollars ($175.00) per child over two years of age or adult or two hundred dollars ($200.00) per child under two years of age for Family and Children's related cases.
(2) A standard deduction of ninety dollars ($90.00) from the total earned income of each budget unit member for Family and Children's related cases.
(3) For aged, blind, and disabled cases allowable deductions from income are based on Title XVI of the Social Security Act.
(e) Except for M-PW wages, wage deductions and work-related expenses shall be calculated by converting the average amount per pay period into a monthly amount:
(1) If paid weekly, multiply by 4.3.
(2) If paid bi-weekly, multiply by 2.15.
(3) If paid semi-monthly, multiply by 2.
(4) If paid monthly, use the monthly gross.
(5) If salaried, and contract renewed annually, divide annual income etc. by 12.
(f) For M-PW cases, the budget unit's actual income for the calendar month of eligibility shall be verified.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A-25(b); 42 C.F.R. 435.121; 42 C.F.R. 435.401; 42 C.F.R. 435.603; 42 C.F.R. 435.731; 42 C.F.R. 435.732; 42 C.F.R. 435.734; 42 C.F.R. 435.812; 42 C.F.R. 435.831; 45 C.F.R. 435.845; 45 C.F.R. 435.851; 45 C.F.R. 233.20; 45 C.F.R. 233.51;
Eff. September 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1995; August 1, 1990; March 1, 1986;
Temporary Amendment Eff. August 22, 1996;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1998;
Transferred from 10A NCAC 21B .0404 Eff. May 1, 2012.