10A NCAC 25K .0304 ACTIVITIES
(a) The activities of the Drug Use Review Board shall include but are not limited to making recommendations for rules to the Division Directors for Medicaid recipients for the following:
(1) retrospective review of Medicaid claims information for drug therapy problems;
(2) application of standards for prospective and retrospective Drug Use Review;
(3) ongoing interventions for prescribers, pharmacists, and recipients targeted toward therapy problems identified in the course of Medicaid retrospective drug use reviews;
(4) preparation of an annual report to the Division of Medical Assistance on the Drug Use Review process;
(5) programs to educate pharmacists and prescribers on common drug therapy problems identified in the Medicaid drug use reviews with the aim of improving prescribing or dispensing practices.
(b) The criteria and standards for the drug therapy review adopted by the Division upon recommendation by the Drug Use Review Board shall be available to pharmacists, prescribers, and the general public.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A‑68; Social Security Act Section 1927(g);
Eff. January 4, 1993;
Transferred from 10A NCAC 22M .0104 Eff. May 1, 2012;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 23, 2016.