10A NCAC 26b .0108 ASSURANCE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
(a) The area or state facility director shall make known to all employees, students, volunteers and all other individuals with access to confidential information the provisions of the rules in this Subchapter and G.S. 122C‑52 through 122C‑56. The facility shall develop written policies and procedures in accordance with the rules of this Subchapter and applicable statutes and provide training to all individuals with access to confidential information.
(b) Such individuals shall indicate an understanding of the requirements governing confidentiality by signing a statement of understanding and compliance. Employees shall sign such statement upon employment and, again, whenever revisions are made in the requirements. Such statement shall contain the following information:
(1) date and signature of the individual and his title;
(2) name of area or state facility;
(3) statement of understanding;
(4) agreement to hold information confidential; and
(5) acknowledgement of civil penalties and disciplinary action for improper release or disclosure.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑52; 131E‑67; 143B‑147;
Eff. July 1, 1979;
Amended Eff. March 1, 1990; February 1, 1986; July 15, 1980;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 20, 2015.