10a NCAC 26c .0202 PROTOCOL
Before any investigation is launched involving the Division's clients, their records, or a mental health program's records, a written protocol of the planned study shall be submitted to the chief executive offices of the institution or area program. The protocol shall contain the following:
(1) identification of project and investigator;
(2) abstract, containing a short description;
(3) statement of objectives and rationale;
(4) description of methodology, including projected number of people and time involved;
(5) measures taken to protect subjects' interests, including, if necessary, informed consent;
(6) statement of interests of involved mental health programs; and
(7) plans for dissemination and disposition of findings.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑147;
Eff. February 1, 1976.