10a NCAC 26d .0502 QUALITY ASSURANCE PLAN
(a) The Department shall establish and implement a written quality assurance plan for mental health and mental retardation services that describes how quality assurance activities will be carried out.
(b) Quality assurance activities shall include, but need not be limited to, the following:
(1) an objective and systematic process for monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of client care, incorporating a review of significant incidents, which may include but need not be limited to, suicides, sudden deaths, and major assaults;
(2) a written plan of professional and clinical supervision describing such activities and how they shall be carried out;
(3) the establishment and implementation of program evaluation activities;
(4) the strategies for improving client care; and
(5) evidence of corrective action.
(c) The plan shall be reviewed annually, and may be revised at any time by the Department.
History Note: Authority G.S. 148‑19(d);
Eff. January 4, 1994;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 20, 2015.