10a NCAC 27f .0105 CLIENT'S PERSONAL FUNDS
(a) This Rule applies to any 24‑hour facility which typically provides residential services to individual clients for more than 30 days.
(b) Each competent adult client and each minor above the age of 16 shall be assisted and encouraged to maintain or invest his money in a personal fund account other than at the facility. This shall include, but need not be limited to, investment of funds in interest‑bearing accounts.
(c) If funds are managed for a client by a facility employee, management of the funds shall occur in accordance with policy and procedures that:
(1) assure to the client the right to deposit and withdraw money;
(2) regulate the receipt and distribution of funds in a personal fund account;
(3) provide for the receipt of deposits made by friends, relatives or others;
(4) provide for the keeping of adequate financial records on all transactions affecting funds on deposit in personal fund account;
(5) assure that a client's personal funds will be kept separate from any operating funds of the facility;
(6) provide for the deduction from a personal fund account payment for treatment or habilitation services when authorized by the client or legally responsible person upon or subsequent to admission of the client;
(7) provide for the issuance of receipts to persons depositing or withdrawing funds; and
(8) provide the client with a quarterly accounting of his personal fund account.
(d) Authorization by the client or legally responsible person is required before a deduction can be made from a personal fund account for any amount owed or alleged to be owed for damages done or alleged to have been done by the client:
(1) to the facility;
(2) an employee of the facility;
(3) to a visitor of the facility; or
(4) to another client of the facility.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C‑51; 122C‑58; 122C‑62; 143B‑147;
Eff. February 1, 1991;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1992;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 26, 2017.