10A NCAC 27G .0404 OPERATIONS DURING LICENSED PERIOD
(a) An initial license shall be valid for a period not to exceed 15 months from the date on which the license is issued. Each license shall be renewed annually thereafter and shall expire at the end of the calendar year.
(b) For all facilities providing periodic and day/night services, the license shall be posted in a prominent location accessible to public view within the licensed premises.
(c) For 24-hour facilities, the license shall be available for review upon request.
(d) For residential facilities, the DHSR complaint hotline number shall be posted in a public place in each facility.
(e) A facility shall accept no more clients than the number for which it is licensed.
(f) DHSR shall conduct inspections of facilities without advance notice.
(g) Licenses for facilities that have not served any clients during the previous 12 months shall not be renewed.
(h) DHSR shall conduct inspections of all 24-hour facilities an average of once every 12 months, to occur no later than 15 months as of July 1, 2007.
(i) Written requests shall be submitted to DHSR a minimum of 30 days prior to any of the following changes:
(1) Construction of a new facility or any renovation of an existing facility;
(2) Increase or decrease in capacity by program service type;
(3) Change in program service; or
(4) Change in location of facility.
(j) Written notification must be submitted to DHSR a minimum of 30 days prior to any of the following changes:
(1) Change in ownership including any change in partnership; or
(2) Change in name of facility.
(k) When a licensee plans to close a facility or discontinue a service, written notice at least 30 days in advance shall be provided to DHSR, to all affected clients, and when applicable, to the legally responsible persons of all affected clients. This notice shall address continuity of services to clients in the facility.
(l) Licenses shall expire unless renewed by DHSR for an additional period. Prior to the expiration of a license, the licensee shall submit to DHSR the following information:
(1) Annual Fee;
(2) Description of any changes in the facility since the last written notification was submitted;
(3) Local current fire inspection report;
(4) Annual sanitation inspection report, with the exception of a day/night or periodic service that does not handle food for which a sanitation inspection report is not required; and
(5) The names of individuals who are owner, partners or shareholders holding an ownership or controlling interest of 5% or more of the applicant entity.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C-23; 122C-25; 122C-27;
Eff. May 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2009; July 1, 2004.